Seeking Administrative Assistant for
Integrative Medical Practice
Dr. Jessica Davis is a family doctor with an intimate concierge style practice that focuses on new moms and babies. Her mission is provide babies with their best possible start in life by providing personalized quality care that is relationship centered. You can learn more about Dr. Davis and the practice by browsing this website using the links above.
She is currently seeking an administrative assistant to join her team.
- New Patient & Membership Coordinator: primary responsibility for communicating with and enrolling new patients. Managing ongoing membership plans, including billing.
- Administering patient charts using our electronic medical record system (Hello Health)
- Handling administrative phone calls and patient messages
- Basic office tasks: checking mail, scanning, faxing, filing documents in medical record.
- Creating a practice policies and procedures manual.
- Maintaining and improving existing systems (simplify, organize, increase efficiency)
- Additional responsibilities to grow with the position
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience working in a medical practice, with knowledge of HIPAA and patient privacy rights.
- formal medical assistant training would be a bonus.
- have an interest in women and children’s health, nutrition, holistic care and share our vision
- bring positive energy and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- be resourceful, self motivated, able to work well in person as well as from home
- be super organized and detail oriented
- treat patients with empathy and compassion
- love to learn new things
- possess self awareness and integrity
- value work / life balance and self care
- understand and healthy boundaries and model this with patient interactions
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experienced with Google Docs and Microsoft Excel
- Capable of learning new software programs quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (including grammar and spelling)
- Reliable computer hardware and internet access designed for speed and efficiency
The practice is located in Stillwater, NY. Some of the job will be done remotely from your home or home office, and thus you will need your own computer and phone. The job will also require coming to the office in Stillwater 1-2 half days per week for training, scanning, maintaining print handouts, new patient packets, etc.
Hours will vary, but the position will likely average 5 hours per week at the beginning and could quickly increase to 10-15 hours per week or more. Compensation will start at $12-15/hr depending on experience and skills, with opportunity for advancement. You will begin as an independent contractor for an initial trial period, and transition to employee status if hired long term.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Assistant Application” in the subject line. Include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter with the following:
Tell us about yourself! We are a small practice that treats one another like family, so we like to know your interests, hobbies and passions. Include why you are interested in this position, and why you think you would be a good fit.
- The following exercise:
Our policy states that electronic communications sent through the patient portal must be limited to questions about medications or supplements, billing or scheduling issues, or a response to a question asked by a clinician. Questions should be brief and require no more than 5 minutes to read and respond to. Anything beyond that will require an appointment (by phone or in the office).
Imagine a patient uploads several pages of lab results and requests that Dr. Davis review the labs and prepare a written report of the results for them. How would you respond to this patient?
Dr. Davis will be reviewing and responding to applications starting July 17th.
Thanks for your interest!